Sunday

Everything is One



A few hours ago I finished Siddhartha and it really took my breath away. At this moment I do not have any words to describe the book further as I did in my "read in progress post" the other day, or what I think of it - as any word seems not appropriate enough.



I just can say that I am more than impressed, that I will think about it often in the future and that a re-read is more than certain. It is also certain that I will add up some more books by Hermann Hesse in my list as I am beyond curiosity about his other works. For sure, I am also going to read Demian, Steppenwolf (Which I believe is already in my classics list), das Glasperlenspiel, as well as his poems. 



Here's one quote among many which I admire:
Jeder kann zaubern, jeder kann seine Ziele erreichen, wenn er denken kann, wenn er warten kann, wenn er fasten kann.  
                              ********
Everyone can perform magic, everyone can reach his goals, if he is able to think, if he is able to wait, if he is able to fast. (Source)
chapter 5, Hermann Hesse - Siddhartha



Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
Love,
Svenja 

No comments:

Post a Comment